Friday 2 December 2016

Compare and Contrast - DPS



My double page spread and a one that already exists are similar and different in many ways.

One similarity with these DPS's is that they both include a running head except I included the title of my magazine in with mine. This makes my DPS look more professional and it reminds people what their reading and what they are reading about.

One difference with my DPS and an existing one is that their title has two different fonts and mine only has one. This helps the title stand out off the page more, chaging this could be something that I consider when I creating another draft of my magazine. 

Another similarity of these two DPS's is that they both have a big image of the artist which takes up quite a lot of space this helps the article look more interesting as there isn't a lot of empty space it also helps people recognize who they are. 

Another difference with these two DPS's is that in my double page spread I have mostly used the colour white for the text where as this one had used pink to help certain things stand out from other things this helps attract the readers attention to certain sections of the page. Adding another colour to my text could help certain sections stand out like the quotes I have included.

Another difference with my DPS and the one that already exists is that I have included a section at the bottom where their is a line to stop writing and images reaching the bleed line where the other one hasn't also this look helps my DPS look more proffesional and it makes everything stop so everything is in order and even. 

Another difference in these two DPS's that I have included more pull quotes than the other one. This helps keeps the reader intrested in the article as they want to know why that person can't live their any more or how they became happy so people will continue to read on and it helps it stand out of you were just flicking through the magazine.   

No comments:

Post a Comment